Saturday 19 October 2013

Reflection on progress

Progress reflection

This post will be a bit ironic because I'm not using any of the technologies that i learnt last year in this blog post to show off what I've learnt however i want this blog post to be well explained. So last year i got a B for coursework which i am pleased with but I'm curios to know what more i could have done to get an A so this year I've already attended several workshops to use the macs as I don't have one at home but an ordinary laptop so it makes it difficult to screen shot and use apps like camtasia and gif to include in my blog posts.

What different ICT have i used?

Prezi - I used prezi for the pitch and to be honest I'm really really pleased of our prezi this year because we were a lot more organised and committed to the prezi and worked on our presentation skills. We even made a short video of us miming the chorus just like we will do in the music video!

Paint- Does paint count? I know its a little bit old school but i enjoyed using it for annotation as it was quick and i can do it at home! And i was happy with the end result because it saved as a picture which made it even easier. But i wasn't really that creative as i could have used Photoshop and have the opportunity to use more tools and had a chance to practice and play around with Photoshop before we make a magazine cover.... but again i don't have Photoshop at home :(

Camtasia - I haven't posted it yet but I used Camtasia to analyse our original video and how ours will be different as it was easy to pick points in the video and criticize or easily list what we would do differently. This time with camtasia i used screen grab to get the video from YouTube which i didnt do last year.

Final Cut Pro - We had to use this to edit our animatic for our pitch. Although our animatic was a short and rough one it motivated me to make a bloopers video using final cut pro as its fun experimenting with lots of clips.

Gif - I always use them.. Its just another way to add pictures to a  blog post to make it a little bit more exciting but my teacher told me that there are different ways to present gifs (slide a different way, fade in/fade out) but i haven't been able to find them,i can only find ones that are in slow or fast motion.

Thats all i can think of for now.....


Marks out of 20??????
Possibly 10 - 12

Three (maybe four, maybe more) things i need to improve on 

1) Maybe add more detail to my blog posts even when i upload a YouTube video or vimeo video.... Its better to add some context or background information rather then just uploading a video.

2) USE MORE TECHNOLOGIES - Just try to find some more that would be easy and quick to use and probably one that i could do at home

3) Make videos .... Using photobooth or my camera but to be more creative and confident and just speak to the camera by myself to reflect on my progress..

4) Easy to say but don't miss deadlines!!!! Blog more and make it a regular thing







No comments:

Post a Comment